Wednesday, January 26, 2022

The Journey Never Paused


No matter how much time has elapsed since the last offering was posted here, The Journey never paused, or even slowed its pace. Time continues to hurl each of us forward as we face each new challenge and lesson along the way.

People enter and exit our lives. Children grow.  Jobs come and go.


Dreams are realized and, occasionally, dashed.


There is beauty, as well as ugliness, to be witnessed and processed.


Looking backward over the ensuing years I see joy, sorrow, elation and pain. The reality is that all of these things are necessary to mold and shape us into our True Selves. We must experience “all the things” in order to become who and what we were meant to be.


My family has grown, changed, my education furthered and my career advanced.


After years of making decisions for others I learned to choose for myself. This was a skill that took effort and practice. 


My primary residence shifted, quite literally, to the other side of the country. We traded in traffic jams for dirt roads, cookie cutter neighborhoods for wide open spaces and city-life convenience for the peace of the country. The “culture shock” is real and welcomed.


In the past year I have had to learn to watch the weather forecast and plan ahead. Trips to the store require forethought. For the first time in my life I have to prepare for the “what ifs” that come with actual “weather” - I find that exciting. 


Our lives have been enriched by the beauty of nature that is just outside our windows. Wildlife, wildflowers, and trees all around. We are learning so much! Just by observing the world around us we’ve gained knowledge and respect for nature, its creatures and what they provide to humans.


One of the greatest blessings of this change has been the people. With each introduction, our circle of friends has expanded and our lives have been enriched. After a lifetime of barely knowing who lived next door, we have been flooded with the concern and generosity that define “neighbor” here. 


My Journey is shifting and my world expanding - the perfect opportunity to share experiences (the good, the bad and the ugly) with all of you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment