Friday, August 10, 2012

If you really knew me...


You'd know that I have never lived alone.

You’d know that I have a voicemail on my phone from my Nana that I refuse to delete because I want to have her voice somewhere “just in case”.

You’d know I still have my “blankie” safely put away in my closet – for emergencies.

You’d know I am overly critical of myself and have a tendency to be a perfectionist – this makes doing things l love (crafts, baking, writing) more stressful than they need to be.

You’d know I still care too much about what other people think.

You’d know that I’ve seen every episode of “Sex in the City” and I hate that Big’s real name is John.

You’d know that if I had the room I’d have rescued animals everywhere.

You’d know that I believe in “ghosts” and have seen a few.

You’d know that I have a bit of a sixth sense and sometimes ‘know things’ I shouldn't.

You'd know that I watch movies I like over and over...until I can quote them.

You'd know that I work movie/TV quotes into regular conversation on a daily basis.

You’d know that I believe in God but hate what humankind has done to religion.

You’d know that I am horrible at taking my own advice.

You'd know that I find my Zen when I crochet.

You'd know that I have a hard time allowing others to do things for me.

You’d know that when my children are happy it makes me cry.

You’d know that I am not comfortable in my own skin most of the time.

You’d know that I am a sucker for romance novels…especially if they have good sex scenes.

You’d know that I love to be swept off my feet.

You’d know that I feel guilty when I treat myself to things like massages and pedicures.

You’d know that it takes a lot to get me to go to an event by myself.

You’d know that I have a hard time throwing things away – I might need them some day.

You’d know that I am often afraid to speak my mind because I am afraid…of what might happen if you really knew me.

[This fabulous idea was borrowed from this post that I found through my Twitter feed.]

2 comments:

  1. I really like this! And I totally have a sixth sense too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share the quality of working movie quotes into everyday conversation! :) It's a family trait for us.

    Also, I have nominated you for a Reader Appreciation Award! If you'd like to accept, please follow the link below and it'll give you instructions.

    Lawsbians United! :)

    http://thecatladysings.com/2012/08/14/reader-appreciation-award-aww/

    ReplyDelete