Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Be Careful What You Ask For

Four months ago I was "fed up." I had come to the end of my proverbial rope and had me a little sit-down with the Universe. Quite literally I told the Universe what I thought about the current state of affairs in my life. I laid out an ultimatum. To my surprise...the Universe answered me the very next day.


I made some serious judgement errors a couple years back with my personal life. Ever since that time I'd been dealing with some pretty crummy "luck" in my social life...I chalked it up to "Bad Karma" and assumed that I would, at some point, pay back my Karmic Debt and move on. There just didn't seem to be an end in sight!


The future looked so bleak that I decided to "give up" the hunt for my proverbial soul-mate and just settle for whomever came into my life...something is better than nothing...right?


Several months of that left me feeling even more hopeless and depressed. That was when I decided to lay it on the line with the Universe...to basically *inform* the Universe that I was tired of the games and ready for answers. Send me The Guy or distract me completely with something totally different....That was on a Sunday evening - what happened next blew my socks off.


Monday morning - first thing - I received a notification of a friend request on Facebook...from a man that I had actually tried to find a few months earlier with no luck. This man was an old friend...someone I had known - had a crush on in the 8th grade...someone I dated off-and-on in high school. I clicked on the link and there he was...remnants of the boy I knew - the same sparkling eyes and brilliant smile attached to a more mature man. My heart began to race...I literally said "NO WAY!" out loud.


Recalling the request I made of the Universe the night before I immediately wondered if this could be it...could this man be my soul-mate?

No comments:

Post a Comment